Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Independence Day provides Americans the opportunity to remember its birthday and reflect on its freedoms.  On July 4, 2011, our great nation will celebrate its 235th birthday.  While you enjoy your hot dogs, fireworks and time off from work with family and friends this weekend, don't forget the real reason for this holiday.  Take time to thank a military member for keeping us safe and affording us the freedoms we hold so dear. 

Happy 4th of July from Baby Ruth!
While she may not be entirely
thrilled with her patriotic accessories,
she wanted to wish all of you
a wonderful holiday weekend.


A Fourth of July Foodie Fun Fact:
Over 1 in 3- The odds that one of your side dishes
will be baked beans.
That's what we're having!
You can find the recipe
HERE.
Here's what we'll be enjoying this weeked:

Overnight Slow Cooker Brisket Sandwiches.  With homemade BBQ sauce.  You can find my brisket recipe HERE.  It makes the most flavorful, tender brisket I've ever had.  And it literally shreds itself.  Baked Beans (isn't everybody?).  Dill Potato Salad.  It's creamy, yummy and delicious.  Dill adds such a cool, refreshing flavor.  You can find that recipe HERE.  For dessert I'm making the All-American Flag Cake.  I'm fudging a little and using a pre-made pound cake, blueberry pie filling and fresh strawberries.  It's easy, but tasty and patriotic!  Mr. Devilish Dish is playing in a 3-Day golf tournament.  I thought he and his golf buddies might appreciate a little snack after their rounds of golf.  The "Crack Corn" Popcorn recipe is the ultimate addicting snack food.  I added red and blue sprinkles for some 4th of July fun.  You can find that recipe HERE.  Finally, I'll be cooling my guests off with Mojito Popsicles and Vodka Slushes.  Don't be afraid of the name, the slushes are the most fantastical summer drink you will ever try.  I make it every 4th of July.  A holiday day tradition.  Cool your guests off too!  You can find the recipe HERE.




Have A Safe & Happy Fourth of July! 
I'm so grateful for each and every one of you.  I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and I want you to know that I love sharing recipes with all of you.

Hope you enjoy lots of yummy food...
I will be back in the kitchen on Tuesday.

Love,
The Devilish Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...