Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guacamole Burgers

I've said it before.  I can't stand a dry, thick hamburger patty.  And since Mr. Devilish Dish refuses to take me to the bowling alley for dinner, for a tried and true greasy hamburger, I have to dream up burgers that I know I will like.  That means extra good things added to the patty, and yummy things to go on top.  A flavorful, juicy patty with fresh, creamy guacamole on top.  Hello!  You could put guacamole on a stack of newspaper and we would probably eat it at our house.  So putting it on top of a burger seems like an obvious win to me.  DUH. 
Hola Amigo!
The Guacamole Burger Line Up. 
Few ingredients, but LOTS of flavor.
Add lime juice to ground beef a little at a time.
Once you start to mix the burger mixture you may need
to add more.  You don't want to patties too moist.
Add garlic.
Season with chile powder.
(Don't forget salt and pepper. 
I add those to everything.)
Add chopped onion.
Add cilantro.
Form into 6 patties.  A chef friend
once told me to make a small well
in the center of the patty.  He said
that would help them cook evenly,
and not puff up in the middle.
(You know I don't like a thick patty.)
Grill until desired doneness.
Garnish with cheese and lots of guacamole.  Ole!

Guacamole Burgers

2 pounds ground beef
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
6 slices Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese
6 hamburger buns
Greg's Guacamole

Preheat outdoor grill.  In bowl, combine beef, lime juice (don't add it all at once, you may not need all of it), garlic, chile powder, onion and cilantro.  Mix well and form into 6 patties.  Cook burgers on grill until desired doneness.  Add a slice of cheese to each burger.  Serve on buns with a generous dollop of guacamole.

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...