Monday, July 23, 2012

Tex Mex Mini-Meat Loaves

I'm pretty sure I've told you before, my mom has a twin sister.  My "Aunt Sissie."  She's Sissie for two reasons:  She's my mom's sissy, and her name is Cecilia.  So Sissie for a nickname.  I'm even named after her (for a middle name.)  Ask my mom and my husband and they would agree that Aunt Sissie and I are a lot alike.  Except when it comes to cooking.  She hates it, I love it.  Now she has a jillion cookbooks and cooking magazines, which she loves to look at.  She just doesn't want to cook.  I usually handle that department and send her on her way with a tasty care package.  One of the things she DOES cook though is Tex Mex Mini Meatloaves.  (Our love of Mexican food is another thing we share!)
One of my favorite "family" recipes!
The Line-Up
Combine beef with salsa and onion.

Add crushed chips, egg, cumin and salt.
Mix well.  (You may need to add additional crushed chips
if it's too moist.  You want a moist meatloaf, but not
too sticky.)
Shape into 6 equal-sized portions. 
Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Top with reserved salsa and
sprinkle with cheese.

Tex Mex Mini Meat Loaves


1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup very finely crushed tortilla chips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degree F.  Combine beef, 3/4 cup of salsa, crushed chips, onion, egg, cumin and salt.  Mix well.  Shape into 6 mini loaves.  Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil.  Bake for approximately 25 minutes.  When ready to serve, spoon remaining salsa over meat loaves and sprinkle with cheese.

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...