Monday, December 31, 2012

Champagne Cupcakes~Happy New Year!!!

Nothing says, "Happy New Year" like champagne.  Well at our house we say, "Merry New Year" but that's because we are movie nerds and consider Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd our quintessential holiday movie.  It's not my favorite beverage really.  I'd rather make a toast with a Diet Coke in a champagne flute.  Little Devil usually drinks sparkling cider in a "fancy glass."  We keep a bottle or two on hand for Mimosas, but not so much for celebrating the new year.  It's been years since I've been out on the town on New Year's Eve.  I hate the crowds, the traffic, the cold weather.  The phobia of crazy, drunk people.  Since we had Little Devil, we've pretty much stayed home and had our annual "New Year's Rockin' Eve Crab Boil."  It's festive, the food is awesome, and the best part is we get to party in our pajamas!  Since the crab boil menu varies, my New Year's Eve cooking fun is resigned to dessert.  I saw a recipe for Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes on Pinterest, and I was sold.  A soft, moist champagne-flavored cake, filled with a creamy champagne pastry cream, topped with a champagne buttercream frosting.  Guaranteed you can't go wrong with this cupcake for any special occasion. 


Champagne Cupcakes
Merry New Year!

This recipe can be found at SPRINKLE BAKES blog here:
SPARKLING CHAMPAGNE CUPCAKES FROM SPRINKLE BAKES

This is not my original recipe. Full Credit for this recipe
goes to Heather at SPRINKLE BAKES. 
*NOTE the only change I made is I made 6 JUMBO cupcakes
instead of regular-sized.
 

I hope you thoroughly enjoy the cupcakes and have had a blessed 2012.  Please be safe tonight and here's to a fabulous 2013 full of more cooking fun.  (I'm toasting you with a Champagne Cupcake!)

Merry New Year from:
The Devilish Dish





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...