Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Taco Mac

I spent almost 8 years managing a gourmet  and kitchenware store.  I've loved cooking all of my life, read Julia Childs' books like they were the Bible.  I spend a serious amount of time cooking, entertaining, trying to new recipes.  And what is my child's all-time favorite meal???  Taco Mac.  As in three ingredients.  Ground beef, macaroni and taco sauce.  It has been her meal of choice since she was a toddler.  When she was little, she seriously thought I was the best cook and best mom in the world when I made it.  As she got older, she started making it herself.  And she still loves it.  It's so easy it's embarrassing.  It was the last "home-cooked" meal I made for her when she left for college. She requests it every time she's home on a break.   It is pretty good, and it's so simple you can prepare it on a week night when you're in a real hurry.  I hope you enjoy it half as much as Little Devil does! 


Little Devil's FAVORITE meal!
Only three ingredients...E-Z!
Brown ground beef in a skillet.  Drain.
Add cooked pasta and cheese sauce to cooked beef.

Stir in taco sauce.
Enjoy.  Hopefully as much as Little Devil does!

Taco Mac
1 pound ground beef
1 box Velveeta shells and cheese
1 jar taco sauce

In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned and thoroughly cooked.  Drain.  Boil pasta according to package directions.  Drain pasta.  Add pasta and cheese sauce to skillet with browned beef.  Stir in taco sauce.  Serve.

Prep Time:  Approximately 5 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...