Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Grilled Cabbage

I hated cabbage when I was a kid.  I didn't like cabbage of any kind, including sauerkraut.  When I went to college and had sauerkraut as an adult for the first time, in a quaint little German town, I realized I liked it.  A few years later, I was visiting my friend Jenny and we went to her grandmother's house for lunch.  She was one of these dear little ladies, and great cooks that insisted on filling your plate for you.  And you know you'd better eat everything on it.  Much to my dismay was a large helping of boiled cabbage.  One thing my mother did teach me was good manners.  So I made up my mind to be polite and power through the cabbage on my plate.  And guess what?  I liked it.  Loved it.  Now we have cabbage in some form pretty often.  Little Devil thinks I'm trying to poison her, but Mr. DD and I like it.  I served with cabbage wedges with my Slow Cooker Kielbasa.  It was the perfect compliment and made a great meal, but this would make a great side dish to any meal, year round.
Grilled Cabbage
Shown here with Slow Cooker Kielbasa.
"It's like a de-constructed hot dog."

Grilled Cabbage
1 small head of cabbage, cut into wedges
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste.

Slice cabbage into wedges.  Spread each wedge with softened butter, generously.  Sprinkle with minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.  Wrap in foil and grill about 25 minutes.

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 25 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...