Friday, February 21, 2014

Nacho Bake Casserole

Yesterday Mr. Devilish Dish sent me a text message that read, "What's for dinner?" so I replied, "I'm making a casserole."  His response was, "Yum.  I'm looking forward to it."  So I said, "How can you be looking forward to it?  You don't even know what kind of casserole it is.  It could be a turd casserole.  Are you still looking forward to it?"  I guess he knows me pretty well because he responded with, "Odds are it's some kind of Mexican casserole so I know I'll like it."  So I told him it was called, "Nacho Bake."  Everybody's a comedian so he replied with, "If it's not my bake then whose bake is it?"  Hardy Har Har.  And that's how you stay married for 20 years.  Never a dull moment.  And never a dull meal.  Give this one a try.  Even if no one cracks any "Nacho" jokes around the table, you are sure to crack some smiles at least!
Nacho Bake
It's Nacho Bake, It's my Bake!
Nacho Bake Casserole


Nacho Bake

1 cup chopped poblano pepper
1 cup chopped white onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1 can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles, drained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 cups tortilla chips, crushed
1 package shredded Mexican cheese blend
salsa, optional for garnish
sour cream, optional for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.  In a large skillet over medium heat, saute poblano peppers, onions, garlic and ground beef until meat is brown and crumbly and no pink remains.  Add beans, drained tomatoes, sour cream, corn and chili powder.  Stir until well combined.  Place half of meat mixture into prepared dish.  Sprinkle with half of the tortilla chips.  Cover with remaining meat mixture.  Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove foil, top with remaining tortilla chips and package of cheese.  Return to oven and bake, uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Serve garnished with salsa and sour cream if desired.

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 30 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...