Thursday, April 3, 2014

Winter Feet Fix

I hate feet.  All feet.  Even the feet of my children when they were babies.  Even my cute little feet fresh from a pedicure.  Ideally I would have one of those chairs from the pedicure place in my living room if I could.  You know, so I could watch Ghost Adventures and soak my feet at the same time.  My husband seems to think that is impractical.   For some reason he also thinks it is not necessary that I get a pedicure every day.  That might possible be the only way I could tolerate looking at feet.  Especially yucky winter feet the first time they are exposed to the world in flip flops when the weather warms up. I've seen this remedy floating around Pinterest, and thought it was just too wacky not to try.  As most of you know, I had a pretty serious car accident a couple of years ago and because of my knee and foot injuries, giving myself a pedicure really isn't possible.  A quick and easy remedy that leads to summer soft feet?  Count me in.  And only two ingredients.  

Spring is around the corner and that means:
Flip Flop Season!
Just two simple ingredients will have your
feet looking flip flop-worthy in just 30 minutes.

GROSS!
Ugg boot feet.  Bleah!
Combine equal part Listerine and warm water
in the sink.  Allow two hand towels to soak up this mixture.
Cover your feet with a nice helping
of shaving cream.

Wrap your feet with the towels and place in
a baggie over the whole wet mess.
Chill out for 30 minutes.

Rinse the mixture off, and use the hand towels
to scrub your feet really well. 
Now you have soft (and tingly!) feet,
ready for summer shoes...


Winter Feet Fix
1 can shaving cream
1 bottle Listerine mouthwash (I use the blue or the brown)

Combine equal parts Listerine and warm water.  (I use the entire small bottle of Listerine and mix this in the bathroom sink.)  Place two hand towels in the sink and allow them to soak up this mixture.

Slather your feet really good with the shaving cream, and then wrap each foot with one of the towels from the sink.  Place a large zip top bag over each foot to avoid the drippy mess.

Sit back and read a magazine for about 30 minutes and just let your feet do their thing inside the towels.

After 30 minutes, rinse your feet, and use the hand towel to scrub them softly as you do. 

You'll be amazed at how much softer they feel when you are done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...