Friday, February 19, 2016

Dill Dip

So I told you how my VALENTINE GIFT  was a Sous Vide machine right?  We've been giving that thing a work out since February 14th.  Yesterday I made a Blueberry Breakfast Cake (recipe coming soon) and my husband actually asked if I wanted to try and sous vide a cake.  The answer was a resounding NO.  I love the sous vide method of cooking.  It's basically like a very high tech, very accurate slow cooker.  I especially like using it for the main course.  Then my oven, stove top and brain are freed up to work on side dishes.  So when we made French Dip sandwiches for dinner, I figured some chip and dip would make a great side dish.  Usually I make French Onion Dip or Beau Monde Dip, but I wanted to try something a little different.  I opted for a Dill Dip.  The addition of the minced onions makes this creamy dip similar to a standard onion dip, but with the addition of dill.  It was the perfect accompaniment to our sandwiches!

Creamy delicious Dill Dip
By the way, here's that French Dip Sandwich I was telling you about.
WOW.

Dill Dip

2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon dried dill
4 tablespoons minced dried onion
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoons granulated sugar

Combine all ingredients well.  Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

Prep Time:  5 minutes     Cook Time: 0 needs to chill



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...