Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Santa Fe Stew

It's no secret that I'm in love with all things Santa Fe.  If you've followed my blog for any amount of time you know I'm obsessed with The City Different.  And by obsessed I mean I email real estate links to Mr. Devilish Dish on a daily basis.  It's free to dream right?  When I found this recipe that belonged to my sweet "Aunt" Judy who recently passed away I knew I had to try it.  The name, Santa Fe Stew immediately caught my eye and I prepared it the next night.  Only 7 ingredients and one pot makes this the perfect weeknight meal.  It's like a cross between Taco Soup and Green Chile Stew (minus the green chiles!)  Add a side of cornbread or some flour tortillas and you've got a superb, simple Santa Fe-style supper!  (Say that five times fast!)

Santa Fe Stew
Only 7 ingredients to a superb supper!

Santa Fe Stew


1 pound round steak cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 (16 ounce) can Ranch Style Beans, undrained
! (16 ounce) can golden hominy, undrained
1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
4 cups water

Heat a stock pot over medium-high heat.  Add the diced meat and diced onion to the post and cook until the meat is browned.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Stir well and bring to a boil.  Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for at least one hour, or until meat is tender.  Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.  Serve with cornbread or tortillas.  Enjoy!

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes   Cook Time:  Approximately 1 hour 20 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...