Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Carrot Cake in a Cup + FREE Printable Gift Tag

Easter is right around the corner and it always makes me think of Carrot Cake.  Usually I make My Mom's Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.  And while I sometimes make them in cupcake form, I wanted a more "giftable" treat this year. A while back I stumbled upon Carrot Cake Mug Cake from my pal Madi over at Mildly Meandering.  You may remember I made her Rosé Meringue Cookies for our Freaky Friday Cookie Exchange.  I was so happy with the way those cookies turned out, I just knew her Carrot Cake Mug Cake would be wonderful.  Mug cakes make the best little gift because you simply mix the ingredients right in the mug and pop them in the microwave for a minute or two.  The perfect single serving sweet treat.  I adapted Madi's recipe a little bit so I could present the dry mix in gift form.  The recipient's will only need to add the butter, carrots and milk to the dry mix.  I found the cutest little spring cups at Dollar Tree.  They were the perfect size for the single serving cake.  I mixed the batter up right in the cup and popped them in the microwave.  I topped mine with a dollop of whipped cream.  A scoop of vanilla ice cream would be delicious as well.  Madi suggests serving hers topped with whipped cream, shredded carrot and chopped pecans, which makes a gorgeous and tasty garnish!  If you're yearning for a sweet Easter treat, or looking for a gourmet gift for your Easter bunny, whip up some Carrot Cakes in a Cup, they are quick as a bunny!


Microwave Carrot Cake in a Cup
A little taste of Easter in one minute!
Quick as a bunny...
Whip up the dry mix and gift in a
little cup or carrot-orange mug!
The ideal Easter treat...
Add the instructions on the free printable
tag for a sweet little gift.
All tied up with a spring time ribbon...
Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix.
In less than two minutes you've got
an Easter Bunny worthy dessert!
Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream,
a scoop of vanilla ice cream and throw on
some chopped pecans and shredded carrot
for an additional treat!

I've included some FREE printable gift tags with
the instructions for making the cake.

Click on the image to enlarge.
Right click and save to your computer.
Open with the software of your choice
and print onto cardstock.These images are my exclusive artwork.
Please be courteous when using these printables 
and remember they are for personal use only.


CARROT CAKE IN A CUP

Adapted from: Mildly Meandering

For the Dry Mix:

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Whisk the dry ingredients together and place in a small plastic bag.  Place in a microwave-safe paper cup (9 ounces or larger) or a microwave-safe mug.  Attach the instructions included on the printable gift tags.

To Make the Cake (Wet Ingredients):

1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons shredded carrots
1/4 cup whole milk

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the cup.  Stir well to combine.  Microwave 1-1.5 minutes or until cake is baked through.  Top with fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Makes 1 single serving cake.

Prep Time:  Approximately 5 minutes     Cook Time: Approximately 1.5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...