Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Buffalo Chicken Bowls

It's no secret I love anything Buffalo around here, as evidenced by one of my most recent posts, Buffalo Ranch Dip.  It's so easy to throw chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a bottle of buffalo sauce and wind up with a batch of tangy, shredded chicken for dinner.  So when my pseudo daughter-in-law Ali (wife of The Devilish Nephew) shared this recipe idea with me, I knew it would be a hit.  I've had an abundance of cherry tomatoes already in my garden this year, so this recipe evolved at an ideal time.  I love that the chicken goes in the slow cooker and tops a bowl of cool, crisp veggies.  It is great for hot weather.  I was really excited when I made this thinking I would have a tasty lunch for a couple of days, but no such luck.  The family enjoyed it so much, it was all gone! 
Colorful, tangy and
kinda-healthy!

The perfect hot weather meal...
Tangy, shredded Buffalo Chicken
atop cool, crisp summer veggies.

Buffalo Chicken Bowls


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle Buffalo Wing sauce (I use Frank's)
2 cloves garlic, minced

1 package frozen corn, thawed and steamed
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2-3 ripe avocados, diced

1 packet ranch dressing mix, prepared according to package instructions

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker with the hot sauce and minced garlic.  Cook on low approximately 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.  Shred cooked chicken and place in a bowl.  Add a little bit of the hot sauce from the slow cooker to keep the chicken moist.  Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes and avocado to create the salad.  Season with salt and pepper.

To serve, spoon a generous amount of the salad into a bowl.  Top with shredded Buffalo Chicken.  Drizzle with ranch dressing and enjoy.

Prep Time:  Approximately 30 minutes      Cook Time: 6 hours slow cook




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...