Thursday, February 14, 2019

Banana Crumb Muffins + FREE Valentine's Day Printable

Valentine's Day is here and it's time for another sweet treat for the people I love!  Last year I made Homemade Red Hot Applesauce, and I had in my head this year I wanted to give jars of homemade jam with tags that said, "Valentine-You're My Jam!" but time got away from me and it turns out canning homemade jam WAS NOT my jam this year.  (Spoiler alert for next year's Valentines) I ran into Dollar Tree for a Diet Coke and found these cutest little glassine treat bags with monkeys on them.  Inspiration!  I knew I could whip up a banana-themed Valentine treat in no time, and BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS were born.  As it turns out, these were even better than jam, as Mr. DD loves anything banana!  I made 10 dozen mini muffins yesterday, and if he wasn't my Valentine I might have been mad for how many he kept sneaking.  These delightful little bites have the perfect cake texture and flavorful crumb topping with just a hint of cinnamon.  They are great for breakfast or a snack and of course they make a tasty Valentine for anyone you happen to be BANANAS about!
Go BANANAS over your Valentine
and whip up a batch of
BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS because you
love them BUNCHES!

The addition of the crumb topping
really makes these tasty!

Cool completely on a cooling rack
before packaging.

Piles of muffins for my Valentines!
The perfect little golden bite
of banana-deliciousness

Here are my monkey bags...

Add my FREE Printable gift tags
to complete the theme.

Click on the image to enlarge.
Right click and save to your computer.
Open with the software of your choice
and print onto cardstock.
Happy Valentine's Day from
The Devilish Dish!



BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease muffin tins and set aside.  In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.  In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl using electric hand mixer: beat together bananas, granulated sugar, egg and melted butter.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture careful not to over mix.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins-I use a cookie scoop for this.  In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.  Cut in butter using a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is the texture of coarse cornmeal.  Sprinkle topping over muffins and bake in preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Cool completely on a cooling rack. 

Makes 2.5 dozen mini muffins





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...