Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Italian Marinated Cheese & Olives + FREE Father's Day Printable OLIVE YOU DAD!

Father's Day is almost here and I haven't even gotten around to posting what I made the Moms for Mother's Day.  But I'm so excited about this post so I'm sharing early.  You know I love CHEESY food puns, like my "Don't String Me Along" String Cheese Valentines  or my Homemade "I Love You Honey Bunny" Honey Buns.  I'll go ahead and spoil the surprise from Mother's Day.  The moms all received homemade salsa and Mexican relish and tortilla chips in bags that said, "MOM, You're All That & and Bag of Chips!" I knew when Father's Day rolled around I would need something equally as silly and delicious.  Nothing says Dad Snack Food more than cheese and crackers, but I decided to level up by adding a tasty marinated olive blend and making my theme: OLIVE YOU DAD.  This mixture is delicious with any kind of olive, but I chose pitted Sicilian green olives and pitted Kalamata olives for my blend.  If you're ever near the international pantry in Norman, Oklahoma stop by and check their huge selection of bulk olives and French Feta cheese. That's where I stock up on my cooking essentials!  I chose to cube some Colby Jack cheese, but any hard cheese that can withstand a little while in the marinade like a firm Mozzarella or Gouda would be tasty too.  Throw everything together and let it refrigerate 8-24 hours and everyone will OLIVE YOU. 
Tell anyone OLIVE YOU with this savory snack.
Combine ingredients in a large bowl.  Refrigerate
8-24 hours.
Enjoy with some quality crackers.
Click on the image to enlarge.
Right click and save to your computer.
Open with the software of your choice
and print onto cardstock.
These images are my exclusive artwork.
Please be courteous when using these printables 
and remember they are for personal use only.

Italian Marinated Cheese & Olives

2 pounds Colby Jack cheese, cubed
1 pound pitted Kalamata olives, drained
1 pound pitted Sicilian olives, drained
1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 whole garlic cloves, peeled
a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary

In a large bowl combine cheese cubes, olives, dressing and seasonings and garlic.  Cover and refrigerate 8-24 hours.  Place into jars for gifting and add a couple of Rosemary springs to each jar.  Refrigerate and enjoy up to two weeks.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...