Thursday, June 9, 2011

Salad Men Love (And Everybody Else Too!)

I love the name of this recipe.  And it's true.  I made it for my husband and my nephew and it passed the test.  My nephew is a salad junkie, and if he approves then we definitely have a winner.  I think they enjoyed it because it's a very simple salad, with just the addition of green onions, Parmesan cheese, and toasted almonds.  I enjoyed it because the dressing was made ahead and it made a lot.  The first time I tried this recipe, I used one package of mixed butter lettuce greens.  I had enough dressing leftover to make the salad again.  Try it!  Apparently men love it and you will too...
Yum!  A simple green salad...
The Salad Men Love Line-Up
Combine oil and sugar...
Add celery seed.
Don't forget the vinegar!
Add the onion juice and
minced garlic.  Shake well to combine. 
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Meanwhile toast the almonds
until just lightly toasted.
Watch them carefully so they don't burn!
To your salad greens,
add the chopped green onions
and toasted almonds...
Add the Parmesan cheese. 
(I used the whole carton.  What the heck! 
You can never have too much cheese.)
Add dressing and toss everything
well just before serving.

Salad Men Love

1 bag mixed salad greens
1 small package slivered almonds, toasted
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Parmesan cheese
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon onion juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup white vinegar

Combine the oil, sugar, celery seed, onion juice, garlic and white vinegar.  Mix well.  Just before serving toss everything together.  NOTE:  I only used about half of the dressing.  You will actually have enough for at least one more salad!

Prep Time:  Approximately 15 minutes     Cook Time:  0

3 comments:

  1. where do you find onion juice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell it in the spice aisle at Homeland and IGA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my bottle at The International Pantry
    www.intlpantry.com I haven't looked at our Homeland because the bottle I have is lasting a really long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...