Monday, June 18, 2012

Rosemary Garlic Aioli

Most of the time I'm a ketchup girl.  Except hot dogs at the ball park.  Then it's all about the traditional bright yellow mustard.  Mayonnaise?  Can't stand it.  But we sure seem to use a lot of it around here.  That's usually in dips and sauces though.  To go some roast beef sandwich sliders, I wanted to have something a little fancier than the usual jar of mayo on the table (because it not only grosses me out, but it doesn't look fancy.)  In addition to a Horseradish Sauce, I decided to make an aioli, which is really just a fancy word for mayonnaise.  Mr. Devilish Dish suggested an "herbed aioli" and after taking inventory of our garden, I settled on Rosemary.  Not only to I think rosemary is a great companion to something hearty like beef, but I also have two tons of it taking over my backyard.  (Now you know the method to my recipe madness!)  Garlic, of course goes in everything I make with the exception of maybe banana pudding and cheesecake.  (Hmmmm, now there's something to play with.)  You could also do the aioli with any herb of your choice.  Basil, thyme, tarragon.  Or a combination.  Try it!  Your sandwiches will thank you.


Rosemary Garlic Aioli
1 cup good quality mayonnaise
1-2 teaspoons freshly chopped Rosemary (or herb of your choice)
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk ingredients together.  Refrigerate one hour before serving.

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time:  0



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...