Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad

So Mr. Devilish Dish is a golfer.  Big golfer.  When we were first married it took me awhile to realize that just because golf was the original lady in his life, didn't mean he didn't love me.  All these years later my philosophy is, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."  I'm not much of a golfer myself.  But I don't mind watching him play.  And by watching him play I mean ride in the golf cart, drink beer and read a book.  It's a great way to get a tan.  This past weekend, his golf course had their annual Club Championship.  Two years ago, he won it.  Last year he got Second Place.  It's definitely a tournament I like to watch him play in, because it's fun to watch when he wins.  That being said, I knew we would be spending a good portion of the day at the golf course in the heat.  And frankly after spending the day in the Oklahoma in July Heat, nobody wants to eat a huge, hot, hearty meal.  I figured something cool like BLT's or Chicken Salad would hit the spot.  And it did.  Curried Chicken Salad is my new favorite chicken salad.  It's an international twist on an old favorite. I hope you'll enjoy it as a great summertime meal.

A cool meal after a hot day!
PS:  He won second place this year too!
Not too shabby!

Curried Chicken Salad

tandoori seasoning
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup halved green grapes
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons (or more) mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons curry powder
toasted sandwich buns

Season the chicken breasts well with tandoori seasoning and salt and pepper.  Allow to marinate several hours or overnight.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Place chicken breasts on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until done in the center.  Shred cooked chicken breasts and place in bowl.  Add green grapes, celery and toasted almonds.  Add mayonnaise and stir together.  You may need more or less mayonnaise, just add enough that the ingredients combine together and will be spreadable on a sandwich.  Add curry powder to your desired taste.  Serve on toasted sandwich buns.

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 20 minutes

NOTE:  I had a little shaker of 4-1 Indian Seasoning from the Dean and Jacobs company.  I tried like heck to find source for it online.  Apparently it is discontinued.  It contained 4 different tandoori seasonings.  I used the Spicy Tandoori seasoning to season the chicken.  It gave the chicken salad just the slightest kick and a great flavor.  I did google "tandoori seasoning" and found several at Amazon.com if you are interested in that type of seasoning.  I don't think it's necessary to use it, especially if you already had some cooked chicken on hand.  We just enjoyed that extra little layer of flavor it provided.  Also I found some Onion Poppy Seed Ciabatta rolls that were really good with the chicken salad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...