Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kahlua Fruit Dip

Every single night after dinner, Mr. Devilish Dish says, "Good Dinner Mom."  Now before you start thinking he's sweet as sugar you should A) Be forced to pick up his socks and B) Know that he says this every night.  Even if we are eating take out or tv dinners.  Then he follows that up with, "What's for dessert?"  Sometimes this is annoying.  Especially after I have worked on a meal all day, literally from start to finish.  I'm talking homemade bread, homemade salad dressing, etc...I'm thinking, "After all that did you really think I stood over the stove and made dessert too???"  Don't get me wrong.  I love to make dessert.  That's probably my favorite thing to cook.  But sometimes I secretly want to say, "Go prowl around the freezer for a Nutty Buddy cuz there ain't no dessert."  Other times when he inquires about dessert I'm proud when I actually have something sweet I've made.  And this was one of those times.  This dip is AWESOME.  Especially if you are a fan of Kahlua.  Something about the coffee liqueur flavor really goes well with fresh fruit.  I served it with bananas, strawberries and some fancy little waffle cookies.  Try this one out next time someone asks you, "What's for dessert?"
This one is a keeper!
Only 4 ingredients...
Gotta love that!
Beat cream cheese until smooth.
Slowly add in Kahlua.
Add sugar...
And evaporated milk.
Chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy with fresh fruit and cookies
for dipping!

Kahlua Fruit Dip

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
fresh fruit, cookies for dipping

Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.  Slowly add in Kahlua, sugar and evaporated milk.  Beat until soft and creamy.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers or cookies for dipping.

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time:  0 needs to chill


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...