Monday, November 10, 2014

Parmesan Wings

I wanted something different from traditional hot wings the other night, so I whipped these up.  And called them, "Parmesan Wings" only to realize they are not wings at all.  They're drumsticks.  Or what the bag referred to as "drummettes."  I had no idea chickens had "drummettes."  Obviously I am not well-versed in my chicken parts.  That's okay, that's a little gross so I will be content in my stupidity.  These hearty little "drummettes" make a great appetizer or main course.  Something a little different from the traditional hot wing.  They're coated in ground up Funyuns.  The best part about that is the leftover Funyuns.  I can't help it.  I'm hopelessly addicted to crap food and these were a tasty excuse to buy a bag.  Also they're baked so I like to pretend they are healthy.  Like the baking part cancels out the fact they're dipped in butter and rolled in Funyuns.  Hey this is The Devilish Dish. I never promised you healthy, JUST TASTY.
Anything coated in Funyun
crumbs is good stuff.
The Line-Up
Combine Funyun crumbs with flour.
Add salt.
Add Parmesan cheese.

Season with paprika and oregano.
Rinse drummettes, and pat dry.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Dip each drummette into buttermilk.
Roll in Funyun mixture.
Quickly dip in melted butter.
Place on a baking sheet.
(I put them in a casserole dish, and they were
too close together to get really crisp.)
Bake until brown and crisp!

Parmesan Wings


1/4 cup Funyuns, crushed into crumbs
12 chicken "drummettes"
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon oregano
3/4 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Melt butter in a small bowl.  Rinse drummettes and pat dry.  Season well with salt and pepper.  Combine Funyun crumbs, flour, salt, Parmesan cheese, paprika and oregano.  Dip wings into buttermilk, roll in crumb mixter, then quickly dip into melted butter.  Place on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes until very brown and crisp. 

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...