Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cattleman's Salad Dressing

My sweet nephew is a huge fan of Cattleman's Steakhouse in Oklahoma City.  If you give him the choice of where he wants for eat for dinner, that's his number one pick.  Why?  Well aside from fabulous steaks, they are quite famous for their salad dressing.  The restaurant has been located in the Oklahoma City Stockyards as long as I can remember.  It's an icon to our area.  And yes, my nephew is right, the salad dressing is awesome.  Of course, because I'm his favorite aunt, I had to figure out a way to make it for him at home.  In huge quantities.  So he can have it whenever he is away from the OKC area!

Similar to the dressing at the famous
Cattleman's Steakhouse in OKC
my nephew's very favorite!

Cattleman's Salad Dressing
1 quart mayonnaise
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup to 1 cup milk
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, shredded fine

Mix first 6 ingredients together.  Then add cheese and stir well.  Refrigerate. 

*NOTE:  This recipe makes a large batch.  I usually clean the mayonnaise jar and keep it to store the dressing in.  However, if you have my nephew around, this dressing doesn't last long!

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time:  0



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...