Thursday, November 8, 2012

Snickerdoodles

A while back I made a big 'ol double batch of Snickerdoodles to take to a tailgate party.  Needless to say they didn't last very long.  Of course Mr. Devilish Dish was feeling sorry for himself because he didn't get his share of Snickerdoodles at the tailgate.  So I made another batch.  Just for him.  And he said, "This is my favorite cookie."  I about died.  Why?  Because we've been together almost 20 years and I thought Peanut Butter Cookies were his favorite.   I finally mustered up the courage to ask, "I thought Peanut Butter was your favorite?"  He thought a minute, and said, "Oh yeah, they are.  Snickerdoodles are my second favorite.  WHEW!  I thought aliens had abducted my husband and replaced him with a look-a-like that liked Snickerdoodles better than Peanut Butter Cookies.  I can see why, I mean they are THAT good.  They make a pretty cookie too, perfect for Cookie Exchanges and Christmas trays.  The recipe is easily double too.  If you have a need for about 96 Snickerdoodles.  Which we usually do...

The second favorite cookie of my husband.
I recently made these AGAIN for tailgate
and he did the same thing again.
"This is my favorite cookie."
I should make them more often!

I always make these for the first tailgate
of the year because they hold up well
in the heat and EVERYONE loves them.

A cinnamon-sugar coated treat.
These are perfect for the holidays too. 







SNICKERDOODLES


1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.  Beat until pale yellow and well mixed.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Add a little at a time to the creamed mixture until well incorporated.  In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.  Shape dough by round teaspoonfuls into balls.  Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.  Remove from baking sheets and let cool on wire racks.

Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 10 minutes

This recipe was originally published on 11/8/12 and updated on 9/24/26



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...