Thursday, July 26, 2018

Raspberry White Wine No Churn Ice Cream

I recently participated in our quarterly Freaky Friday Blog Hop.  I love trying new recipes and getting acquainted with other food bloggers. Most of all I love seeing what recipes are chosen from each others blogs.  Madi from Mildly Meandering has a fabulous Raspberry White Wine No Churn Ice Cream on her blog featuring a lovely Chardonnay wine.  When Freaky Friday rolled around, my pal Deanna from Seduction in the Kitchen opted to re-create Madi's recipe with the slightly sweeter taste of Moscato wine.  Both options sounded equally delicious to me and I knew right away it was a recipe I must make.  Fast forward a couple of minutes, and I realized my mother-in-law has a birthday coming up.  What better way to celebrate than with a bowl of homemade ice cream?  Well, ice cream that contains wine is one way to celebrate.  And gifting the ice cream in a gorgeous antique bowl is another.  My mother-in-law loves all things pink, so when I found this pale pink depression glass bowl I grabbed it right away for a gift.  She also enjoys a good glass of white wine and instantly my gift idea was born.  With Deanna's Freaky Friday recipe fresh on my mind, I decided to make the ice cream and deliver it to my mother-in-law in the beautiful bowl.  So it's a Sunday in Oklahoma and you cannot purchase wine because the liquor stores are closed.  Not having any Chardonnay or Moscato on hand, I opted to give the ice cream recipe yet another twist and use Pinot Grigio, as I know that's a wine my mother-in-law truly enjoys.  The flavors of the ice cream turned out fabulous.  It's a rich, sweet creamy texture with just a hint of wine and the sweet-tart flavor of the raspberry swirl is the perfect compliment.  The slightly pink tint of the ice cream and the darling pale pink bowl were ideal together.  If you're in need of a summer time gift for a fun lady in your life, whip up a batch of this amazing ice cream!
Isn't this a pretty ice cream?
Cook the raspberries, sugar and
white wine to create the
raspberry sauce swirl.
Combine the white wine, condensed milk
vanilla and salt to create the ice cream base.


Gently fold in whipped cream.

Find a beautiful antique bowl for gifting (optional)
Freeze several hours or over night
before scooping and serving.

Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.


Raspberry White Wine No-Churn Ice Cream
From: Mildly Meandering and Seduction in the Kitchen

For the Ice Cream:

1/2 cup white wine (I used Pinot Grigio but Chardonnay or Moscato would be equally delicious!)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt

For the Raspberry Swirl:

1 pint fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons white wine

In a large bowl combine white wine, condensed milk, vanilla and salt.  In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, or using a stand mixer beat the heavy whipping cream until light a fluffy.  You'll want a consistency similar to whipped cream.  Gently fold the whipped cream into the white wine mixture. 

Meanwhile in a small saucepan over medium heat combine raspberries, sugar and wine.  Bring to a simmer and cook 5-6 minutes until raspberries break down.  Remove from heat and pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.  Allow to cool 20-30 minutes. 

Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a bread pan.  Top with half of the cooled raspberry sauce.  Repeat layers.  Use a knife to carefully swirl the raspberry sauce throughout the ice cream.  Cover and freezer for at least 6 hours or over night. 

Scoop, serve and enjoy!

Prep Time:  Approximately 35 minutes     Cook Time: 0 needs to chill





                   

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...