Friday, November 6, 2020

Copycat Mellow Mushroom Esperanza Dressing

Mr. Devilish Dish and I recently ate at a Mellow Mushroom restaurant on our return trip from Houston. Since I don't eat gluten I ordered a Greek Salad that was not only huge, but delicious. I brought a to-go box home and enjoyed salad for lunch the next day. The server asked me if I wanted the "House" dressing and on a chance I said, "yes" not really knowing what Esperanza Dressing was. When he said, "Good Choice" I was very optimistic. I'm so glad I opted for this dressing as it was delicious. A tangy, slightly Caesar-type dressing...not only was it fabulous on the Greek-style salad, but when I attempted to duplicate it for this recipe, I just served it over mixed greens with tomatoes and it was equally as tasty. When I asked for a to-go box I made sure to ask for extra dressing and two nights later I had mastered what I think it a pretty good copy. That's how quick I wanted to enjoy this dressing again. Sometimes missing out on gluten is disappointing as I didn't get to enjoy a Mellow Mushroom's pizza. (Don't worry, Mr. Devilish Dish let me know how good his pizza was) in this case I think it worked to my advantage as I got to discover my new favorite salad dressing!
My new favorite dressing...
It's like a tangy Caesar-flavored dressing!

Perfect over any style salad...
Get creative and use the greens of your choice.

For once I didn't miss the gluten,
in fact I discovered a new salad dressing that
we really enjoyed.

COPYCAT MELLOW MUSHROOM ESPERANZA DRESSING

1 egg yolk
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon minced dried onion
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
crushed black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 tablespoon fresh minced flat-leaf parsley

Combine egg yolk, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, water and dried seasonings in a small food processor until well blended and smooth.  Slowly drizzle in oil until well-combined.  Stir in chopped parsley and serve over your favorite greens.  


2 comments:

  1. Love the Esperanza, and I’m looking forward to trying the clone. Thought you should know that Mellow Mushroom has a pretty decent gluten free pizza - not quite as chewy as the real deal, but quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this to go with our Christmas Dinner starter salad, and oh my gosh it! It’s delicious! Perfect copycat of Mellow Mushrooms! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...