Monday, July 11, 2011

Garlic Lime Chicken with Jalapeno Honey Crema: A.K.A. "Magic Chicken"

My friends nicknamed this dish "Magic Chicken" about 15 years ago.  My husband served it at a cooking class and tried to jazz it up by calling it, "Garlic Lime Chicken with Jalapeno Honey Crema."  But for you, my dear Devilish Dish friends...We are calling it by it's given name:  Magic Chicken.  I have made this so many times I can't even count.  It is one of my favorite recipes to make.  It is one of my "Go To" dishes, and one of the very first recipes I came up with all on my own.  (Which is a pretty big accomplishment at the time when I was a youngin'.)  When my husband was in the Air Force and came home from deployment he always requested Magic Chicken.  Aside from the taste being magical, it's super easy to put together and only requires a few ingredients.  I've baked it in the oven, but I like it grilled the best.  Either way, you are sure to like it too!
Magic Chicken.  Try it, you'll see...
How can something this good,
use just a few ingredients?
To melted butter, add minced garlic.
Squeeze in lime juice.
Add chicken.  Cover and marinate
at least 30 minutes, or several hours.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor,
combine sour cream and honey...
with the jalapeno pepper. 
Process until smooth.
Refrigerate until serving time. 
(Forgive me for thinking that a white sauce
would photograph well in a white bowl.  DUH!)
Grill chicken breasts until
outside is crisp and inside is no longer pink.
You can also bake the chicken,
but you can't beat it when it is grilled outside!
Serve with a dollop of sauce. 
(I'm taking a bow now.)

Magic Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
juice of 4 medium limes
4-5 large cloves of garlic, minced

Sauce

1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
2 tablespoons honey
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded to taste

Combine butter, lime juice and garlic in a shallow dish.  (You can reserve a small amount of this marinade if you'd like, for basting later.)  Add the chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes.  I usually marinate this for 3 or 4 hours.

Meanwhile, combine sour cream, honey and jalapeno peppers in a blender or food processor until smooth.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To grill chicken indoors or out, remove chicken breasts from marinade and grill until outside is crisp and inside is no longer pink, brushing frequently with reserved marinade.

To bake in oven, remove chicken breasts from marinade and place in an oven proof baking dish.  Top with reserved marinade and bake at 350 degrees F until outside begins to crisp and inside is no longer pink.

Serve chicken breasts topped with a dollop of sauce.

Prep Time:  Approximately 15 minutes     Marinate:   At least 30 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 20 minutes

2 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy!! I will be trying this one soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. One of our favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...