| If you're looking for a good old-fashioned Strawberry Cake, this is it. |
| The line up for the cake. The frosting is only three ingredients. (not pictured) |
| Combine the cake ingredients in a stand mixer. |
| Stir in the thawed, chopped strawberries. |
| Pour into prepared pan(s) and bake. Grandmother Mary always made a layer cake. I was taking this to tailgate (surprise) so I used a 9x13-inch pan with a lid. |
| Cool cake completely and then frost. |
| A delicate frosting, and I love the natural pink color from the strawberries. |
| The most vibrant pink cake. This is perfect anytime of year, but especially nice in the spring, or for a baby shower. Also fun for birthdays! |
| My whole childhood right on a plate. Tastes so nostalgic. |
GRANDMOTHER MARY'S STRAWBERRY CAKE
1 package white cake mix
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine first six ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and well combined. Stir in chopped strawberries. Spoon into two greased and floured 9-inch round pans and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Strawberry Frosting
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped fine.
Beat with mixer until fluffy. Spread over cake.
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes Cook Time: Approximately 25 minutes
NOTE: I wanted A LOT of frosting for my cake so I used 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter and kept adding powdered sugar and strawberries until I had a fluffy, butter cream consistency. Feel free to frost or glaze however you'd like.
This recipe was first published on 9/23/11 and updated on 9/24/26.
3/4 cup water
1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine first six ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and well combined. Stir in chopped strawberries. Spoon into two greased and floured 9-inch round pans and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Strawberry Frosting
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped fine.
Beat with mixer until fluffy. Spread over cake.
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes Cook Time: Approximately 25 minutes
NOTE: I wanted A LOT of frosting for my cake so I used 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter and kept adding powdered sugar and strawberries until I had a fluffy, butter cream consistency. Feel free to frost or glaze however you'd like.
This recipe was first published on 9/23/11 and updated on 9/24/26.
That cake looks AMAZING...but even more, I love that story!! You were one lucky kid.
ReplyDeleteYes I was!!
ReplyDelete