Monday, August 10, 2026

Frozen S'mores

We had a small 4th of July gathering.  Mr. Devilish Dish made "Brisket on a Stick" which is really giant ribs.  I made my Mom's Corkscrew Pasta Salad  because it is Little Devil's favorite.  We had baked beans and Vodka Slushes too.  I was trying to keep things simple and "make ahead" and I really wanted a make ahead dessert too.  Mr. Devilish Dish suggested Peach Cobbler, which I absolutely love, but I wanted to try something new.  The 4th of July and summer always makes me think of S'mores but right now we are in straight pool and patio mode in our yard, and the firepit is covered up.  Not to mention it is hotter than heck this time of year, and cooking dessert over a flame just didn't sound fun.  I thought about making a S'mores homemade ice cream, but again it is the lazy days of summer.  I thought surely some kind of frozen s'mores bar or ice cream sandwich exists.  And yes!  Here we are.  This was a simple but fun dessert to make and it turned out to be a huge hit.  Light and cool, it was the perfect bite after a big bbq meal.  I'll definitely be making this treat again this summer.  A fun alternative to the traditional s'mores!


A fun and cool alternative to the 
traditional roasted s'mores.

Just a few ingredients.

Mix the pudding mix and whole
milk together, then fold in a 
little bit of the whipped topping.

Line a pan with parchment paper
(See note below)
Top with cracker sections and then
the chocolate mixture.
Freeze.

Meanwhile, mix together the
marshmallow cream and cream cheese.
Fold in remaining whipped topping.

Spread this on top of the set 
chocolate mixture.

Make sure this is smooth.
See how I left parchment overhanging
the edges of the pan? This step is important
to ensure you can cut into neatly 
shaped bars.

Top with graham cracker sections and 
return to freezer several hours or overnight.
Use the parchment paper to lift the 
frozen slab out of the pan and onto a 
cutting board.  Cut into neat squares with a 
sharp knife.

Enjoy.  These made an ideal dessert 
for the hot Fourth of July!



FROZEN S'MORES BARS

1 (5.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
2.5 cups cold whole milk
1 box graham crackers (you will have one package leftover)
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to overhang the pan.  (This step is important.) Break the graham cracker rectangles in half, creating squares and line the bottom of the pan.  (I had to carefully cut a couple to fit around the edges)  Set aside.  In a bowl, beat together the pudding mix and cold milk until smooth and creamy.  Stir in quarter of the whipped topping (about a heaping 1/2 cup) and mix well.  Spread the chocolate mixture over the graham crackers and place the pan into the freezer.  Mean while, mix together the marshmallow creme and cream cheese until smooth.  Fold in the remaining whipped topping.  Remove the pan from the freezer and spoon the marshmallow mixture over the chocolate mixture and top with more graham cracker squares.  Cover the pan and freeze for several hours or overnight.  Remove from the freeze, and use the parchment paper to lift the frozen slab from the pan onto a cutting board.  Use a sharp knife to cut evenly into squares using the graham cracker sections as your guide.  Serve immediately or place the sections into an airtight freezer-safe container, placing parchment paper between each layer.  Keep frozen until serving.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...