Friday, July 1, 2011

Vodka Slushes = My Favorite Summer Beverage!

It was years and years ago my good friend Michaela from An Affair from the Heart shared this recipe.  It quickly became a summer tradition at our house, especially on the 4th of July.  For many summers I made this recipe, for the lake, for pool parties, whenever friends came over.  Then we got the Ninja Slushi frozen drink maker and became obsessed with creating our own unique frozen cocktails.  But this year, when July 4th rolled around I remembered old faithful.  I even keep a plastic ice cream bucket around for making these.  Nothing is more refreshing in the hot Oklahoma sun than something cold and citrusy.  And it can be made ahead, making entertaining a breeze.  Summertime, fireworks, cook-outs and good times with good friends - That means tasty beverages must be flowing.  Topping your glass off with Sprite or 7UP definitely makes such a delicious drink.  I've found over the years I like them even more with club soda or sparkling water.  Even a lime-flavored sparkling water is so delicious in this.  Don't be turned off by the name, they aren't that strong.  But a word of warning, they might sneak up on ya if you have too many!


So refreshing!
And colorful.


Just a few ingredients combined together.

Freeze in a large container,
then scoop into a glass
using an ice cream scoop.

Top with Sprite, 7UP or sparkling water.

Enjoy on a hot day.


So refreshing.

A Fourth of July Tradition

Perfect for the pool...





VODKA SLUSHES

2 large cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 large can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 cups vodka
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 juice cans of water

Combine all ingredients together in a freezer-safe container until frozen.  (Mixture will not freeze solid, just slushy.)  Scoop slush mixture into glasses with ice cream scoop.  Top with chilled 7-UP or Sprite. (OR club soda or sparkling water if you want it less sweet.)

Enjoy!




NOTE: This post was first published on 7/1/11 and updated on 7/23/26


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Candi! I love this beverage too! :)

    p.s. Your blog is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be making a batch of these this afternoon. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it. It is delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...