Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homemade Pain Relief Creams

My dad is quite the golfer.  For a 76-year old dude, he's very active.  He's a total handyman, has a gorgeous yard and garden and works on the car.  You'd never, ever know he was 76 because he doesn't not look or act it!  Except occasionally allergy headaches or arthritis flares up.  And an occasional sore muscle from over-doing it in the yard or at the golf course.  I suggested a soak in the tub in some Epsom Salts and his reply was, "I don't take baths." So I thought I'd come up with something a little more "manly" for his aches and pains.  I've run across quite a few homeopathic-type remedies for balms and creams, and I know several people who have had great luck using essential oils, so I thought I'd give these a try.  They don't smell too bad, and I think the little rice heating pad turned out pretty cute.  Dad will be getting all of these for Christmas along with some tasty snacks he can enjoy on the days his muscles are sore and need a rest!
All packaged up and ready for the golfer!
Complete with a rice heating pad.
(Golf ball printed of course!)
Melt almond oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter
and beeswax in a double boiler.

 


Add essential oils.
(Try not to photograph your hands
with alien-colored nails that look this bad.)

Here's the line-up

Here's the line-up for the Arthritis Cream.
I found the big jar of Vitamin E cream at Dollar General.
It gets combined with Eucalyptus oil.
I put the finished creams in little canning-style jars,
but any kind of container with a tight-fitting lid
should do.
 

Headache Relief Cream
3/4 cup almond oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoons cocoa butter
2 tablespoons beeswax
20 drops peppermint essential oil
5 drops eucalyptus essential oil

Place all ingredients except for the essential oils into a double-boiler over a pot of simmering water.  Stir slowly until the mixture is completely melted and combined.  Remove from heat and add essential oils.  Pour into a container with tight sealing lid.  Allow to cool completely.  (Mixture will solidify.)

Instructions:  When a headache strikes, rub balm on temples, forehead or wherever you need relief. 

Arthritis Relief Cream

1 cup Vitamin E Cream
5 drops (or more) eucalyptus essential oil

In a small bowl, combine cream and essential oil.  Test a small amount of cream on your skin.  Keep adding more oil in 5-drop increments, and testing on your skin until you feel a heating/tingling sensation.  (The level of effectiveness, and amount of eucalyptus oil will vary from person to person.) Store in air-tight jar or container. 

Instructions:  Rub onto areas affected by arthritis.

NOTE:  If you have sensitive skin, essential oils may be irritating to some skin types or allergies.  Also, I'm not a doctor, nor do I claim to be.  Use your own discretion when trying remedies off the internet.  Or consult your doctor.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing very useful and Informative Post!!! Keep it up
    Pain Relief Cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your blog very much it is very interesting and I learned many things from this blog which is helping me a lot.


    Fast Pain Relief Treatments

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...