Monday, June 8, 2015

Caprese Skewers

I have these old Frankhoma pottery platters that came from my sweet Aunt Vondell.  They were part of the Soup & Sandwich set and include a bowls too.  I only have a couple, so we rarely use them for soup and sandwiches.  I love the striking black color and often use them for entertaining.  They make perfect platters and with the bowls, it's ideal for serving dip.  One of my favorite things to serve on them are my Caprese Skewers. I love the bright colors of the tomatoes and basil, and the white mozzarella balls against the black platter.  It makes a beautiful presentation and besides that, the skewers are tasty too.  And so easy to make.  I simply cook the tortellini ahead and refrigerate.  Then assembly right before serving is a breeze.  Whip these little skewers up for your next get together.  They make a great appetizer or brunch item.  Think of them as Caprese Salad on a Stick!
Caprese Skewers...Like Caprese Salad on a Stick
(I love the colors against the black platter)

Caprese Skewers

1 carton cherry or grape tomatoes
1 package mozzarella balls or pearls
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1 small package refrigerated cheese tortellini

Prepare tortellini according to package directions.  Cool and refrigerate until ready to assemble.  Using medium size bamboo skewers or large decorative picks, place one tomato, one tortellini, one mozzarella ball and one basil leaf on each skewer.  Line up on a pretty platter and serve. 


Prep Time:  Approximately 20 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 10 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...