Friday, June 19, 2015

CHILE PEANUTS: Nuts About You Dad-Father's Day Treat

Father's Day is this Sunday and I can predict what all of the fathers in my family will be doing.  They'll be parked in front of the television watching the U.S. Open golf tournament.  Which is fine by me.  Dad deserves to do whatever he wants on his day.  And since he'll be watching TV all afternoon, then why not make him a snack?  Chile Peanuts are the perfect Father's Day snack food.  Savory and just a little bit spicy.  And if you're lucky enough to find a Coke with his name on it to wash the peanuts down, then even better!

We're all NUTS about DAD!
Show him how much with a delicious treat to eat!

Little Devil and I went through hundreds of
Cokes.  We finally found Bill (my dad),
Greg (Mr. DD), Larry (my father-in-law) and
Keith (my BFF's husband.)
What a chore that was but so fun.
Who doesn't love peanuts and Coke?
The perfect man food.

Chile Peanuts

1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 pound roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice

Heat oil in a medium skillet over moderate heat.  Add the garlic and stir for one minute.  Add the remaining ingredients and cook for two minutes.  Spread onto a waxed paper lined pan to cool completely.

*NOTE:  I doubled this recipe and made 4 bags of nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...