Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Apricot Nectar Cake Balls

Recently I hosted a brunch and three of my cousins were in attendance.  I've told you before about my precious Great Aunt Nona and her famous Apricot Nectar Cake.  My cousins and I grew up with this cake, and it's a family staple when we get together.  Since Gran Gran has passed, I've taken up the torch and now I make her cake.  I even have her cake pan and cake stand which are very dear to me.  I've had Oreo Cake Balls and Red Velvet Cake Balls.  But never Apricot Nectar Cake Balls.  Until now.  Not only were these delicious, but nostalgic as well.  I didn't tell anyone what they were, I just let them bite into it and figure it out for themselves.  It didn't take long before everyone was asking, "What's in these white things?  It tastes like Gran Gran's cake!"  It was a fun twist on an old family recipe and absolutely party perfect!

Gran Gran's Famous Apricot Nectar Cake
with a fun, new twist!

Apricot Nectar Cake Balls

1 prepared Apricot Nectar Cake (Recipe HERE)
1 package white almond bark
yellow sprinkles (optional)

Prepare the cake according to directions.  Set aside to cool.  Prepare the glaze according to directions and set aside.  Crumble the cake into a large bowl.  You want to crumble it into small pieces.  Stir in the glaze until you have a sticky mess.  Set aside.  Melt the almond bark carefully in the microwave.  Do this in short intervals so it doesn't scorch.  I used my medium sized cookie scoop AND my hands for the next step.  Scoop the cake mixture into balls.  Using a slotted spoon or fork, dip the cake ball into the melted almond bark.  Allow excess to drip away.  Place on a platter lined with waxed paper.  Allow the coating on the cake balls to set and then dip into the melted almond bark for a second time.  Before the coating dries sprinkle with yellow sugar sprinkles if desired.  Allow to dry completely before serving.  Can be made a day ahead.

Prep Time:  Approximately 30 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 1 hour



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...