Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is finally here and I like to think that we should celebrate all week.  Just a small affair, like the Royal Wedding.  To reward me for putting up with my teenager.  Aside from the whole world pausing to shower me with cash and prizes, it's also time for me to honor the Moms in my life.  Not only do I have the greatest Mom on the planet I have TWO of them.  (They cloned her.)  Just kidding, she has a twin and that is the next best thing to a clone.  I know I've told all of you about my car accident in 2010.  And how I couldn't walk for months.  And then surgery on my foot this year.  And I'm still not walking.  Well all the time I've been sitting around with my foot propped up, the house didn't exactly clean itself.  And that laundry didn't jump into the washer and dryer.  My dear mother and aunt have come over almost every day for the last year to help me around the house.  And take care of me.  And provide a shoulder to cry on.  So they deserve a special day and sweet treat.  After dinner tonight, we're having a Hot Fudge Sundae Bar, complete with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, homemade raspberry, marshmallow and hot fudge sauces, whipped cream, chopped nuts, strawberries, bananas, and brownies.  An ooey-gooey-create-your-own-throw the diet out the window-Mother's Day delight.  My mother-in-law will be here too,  a couple of my other aunts and my best friend.  Because we're all moms.  And we like sundaes.  I promise I'll post the ice cream topping recipes soon.  I'm making my From Scratch Brownies to go along with the ice cream.  Just to take the edge off.
Here's the little Kleenex Caddy
I made for the Moms. 
It includes a little magnet/bookmark
and monogrammed tissues.

You can learn how to make your own HERE.
They are also getting a
Red Velvet Cupcake in a Jar.  Complete
with spoon for quick and easy eating. 
In case the sundaes aren't enough.
You can see the instructions for the cupcakes in a jar HERE.
Here they are.  I bought everything to
coordinate with the black and white pattern
on the tissue packs.  It just took off from there.
I even have the matching napkins
for the sundae bar!  You can't tell but
the tops of the cupcake jars are covered
in the same black and white printed paper. 
What's black and white and red all over?
A zebra with a sunburn. 
And my Mother's Day treats!
Traditionally Mother's Day corsages
are red if your mother is living
and white if she has passed.

I'll end by quoting my best friend Barbara, whose Mother will be smiling down
upon us today from Heaven:

"If your Mother's Day corsage is made from flowers of white,
fine a mom without a corsage and make her day right."

Whether you have a mother
to celebrate with or not, it's a beautiful day
to celebrate all women,
because you are all special and you make a
difference in someone's life. 

Have a wonderful day,
The Devilish Dish

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a terrific Mother's Day!! LOVED this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you had a great day too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...