Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Hot Fudge Topping

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that would choose marshmallow or caramel topping over hot fudge.  Call me crazy, I know.  So don't shoot the messenger when I tell you that I didn't eat any of the hot fudge topping at the Make Your Own Sundae Night.  Oh, I tried it.  Just to make sure it tasted okay.  And it did.  And the way the other Moms were RAVING about it, well it was a hit.  My father-in-law asked if he could just eat the topping by itself, straight out of the pan with a spoon.  I was going to let him, but I didn't want to create a riot, as it turns out everyone else wanted to do that too!
Homemade Hot Fudge Topping...
Only 4 ingredients!
Combine the condensed milk,
chocolate and butter in a pan.
Cook over medium low heat
until chocolate is melted.
Remove from heat and add vanilla. 
It's that easy.  AND GOOD!

Homemade Hot Fudge Topping

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4 (1 ounce) squares semi sweet chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (don't substitute, use real butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a heavy saucepan, combine the condensed milk, chocolate and butter.  Cook and stir over medium low heat until chocolate is melted.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Prep Time:  Approximately 5 minutes     Cook Time:  Approximately 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...