Monday, October 9, 2017

{Gluten Free} Peach Fritters

I've had a lot of positive feedback regarding the gluten-free recipes here at The Devilish Dish.  It's inspired me to get in the kitchen like a mad scientist and create even more.  Peach season has pretty much ended here in Oklahoma, but at the store the other night they had the most lovely peaches.  I'm assuming the end of the harvest.  They were literally the size of a softball, so I grabbed a couple because it'll be frozen peaches until next summer when Stratford, Oklahoma supplies the world with its juicy goodness.  I had good success with my Gluten Free Indian Fry Bread, so I know gluten free recipes translate pretty well when frying.  I decided a fritter would be a great way to celebrate the end of peach harvest.  I'm also having a lot of success with the Gluten Free Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix.  The crust on my Gluten Free Peach Cobbler turned out a soft, golden brown, and I just love how the baking mix worked on my Gluten Free Banana Muffins with Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chips.  I decided to give it a try on these fritters and the results were fantastic.  A hot, sweet little morsel chock full of juicy peach bits.  The texture was fantastic, and the batter was just the right amount of sweetness.  Topped off with a dusting of powdered sugar for the perfect little bite of Gluten Free Heaven!
Golden brown and full of juicy peaches!
A little dusting of powdered sugar for a sweet treat!
I used peaches but these fritters would be fabulous with
just about any fruit!
Look at the fluffy interior...
A lovely gluten-free dessert or snack!

{Gluten Free} Peach Fritters

2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2-3 large peaches, diced
oil for frying
powdered sugar for garnish

In a large mixing bowl combine baking mix and sugar.  Stir in beaten egg, milk, and melted butter.  Fold in diced peaches.  Drop batter by teaspoonfuls (I used my medium-sized cookie scoop) into oil that has been heated to approximately 350-360 degrees F.  Fry until golden brown on each side.  Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar.  Serve warm.

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time: Approximately 10 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...