Monday, October 17, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award: It made my day...

What a day.  I went to bed the night before with a terrible headache and woke up with the same.  I decided to power through it, and make something of my day.  I had a couple of Halloween recipe ideas I wanted to play around with.  So I spent the day in the kitchen playing Mad Scientist.  The dog is having a minor surgery, so that was weighing on my mind.  A cold front moved in, so all my injuries from my car accident ached.  To top it all off, the internet wasn't working so I couldn't even play on my blog or yuck it up with my Foodie Friends on Facebook.  Not the most splendid day.  UNTIL...the internet finally decided to cooperate and I logged onto The Devilish Dish to find that Krista, from Everyday Mom's Meals had given me The Versatile Blogger Award!

As you can imagine, the day got a whole lot brighter.  Friends and fellow bloggers that appreciate what I do here at The Devilish Dish just really make me smile.  Perfect timing Krista!  I am so grateful, Thank You!

*Update:  I also received this award from Nonna, at Serious Food for The Soul.  Thank you so much!

The rules of this award are:1.  Thank and Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Send the award along to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!


Seven Things About Me:

1.  My mom's twin sister married my dad's twin brother.  So I grew up with TWO sets of parents!

2.  I despise long straws in my drinks.  I will choose the shorter straw, or bring it home and cut it off.

3.  I have an addiction to Carmex (but I only like the kind in the jar.)  My husband thinks this is funny and puts about 20 jars in my stocking each Christmas.

4.  My Little Devil and my one and only favorite nephew (The Big Devil) have the same birthday.  Which used to bother me when they were little, but now I think it's neat.

5.  I have had the same best friend since 6th grade.

6.  I once caught a 7.5 pound bass on a fishing trip.

7.  I got pulled over by the police when I was 15 years old, while driving around with my best friend.  Neither of us had a driver's license.  We only had learner's permits.  When the officer asked for my license I told him that I thought there was an obscure state law that said, "Two Learner's Permits equals One Driver's License."  and he let me go.


I'm awarding These 15 Blogs (in no particular order):
1.   An Affair From The Heart
2.   Amee's Savory Dish
3.   Newlyweds Blog
4.   The Domestic Mama
5.   Crumbs In My Mustachio
6.   Parveen Cuisine
7.   Kate From Scratch

8.   Sweet Tea With Cindy
9.   Syrup and Biscuits
10. Tanja's Cooking Corner
11. Greatcookingideas.com
12. Crashing The Boys Club
13. Southern With A Twist
14. I Bake Without
15. The Newlywed Chefs
Congratulations to all of you.  There are so many wonderful blogs out there, it's impossible to select just 15.  I have so many I enjoy looking at every day!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on this lovely award, Candy! So well deserved! And THANK YOU for passing it on to me- I feel so honoured!!!

    No. 7 made me laugh :)))) You had a good argument ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award! It came at just the right time when you needed an uplift. I'm honored that you included me. Thanks so much and I will get right on it.

    Jackie @Syrup and Biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much! I am honored. Thanks so much for posting the rules! I am always getting these awards and I never know what to do, exactly. haha! I will definitely complete this assignment soon! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...