Monday, October 10, 2011

Bourbon Slush A.K.A. Touchdown Tea

My husband was lucky enough to be born during an OU Sooners football game.  Well he might think it was lucky.  His parents would disagree.  The story goes my in-laws were on the way to the hospital, my mother-in-law was in labor.  Halfway there, my father-in-law turned the car around and went back home. Why? Because he forgot his radio and wanted to listen to the OU game at the hospital.  People around here bleed Crimson and Cream.  So when his 40th birthday rolled around, I knew a big football-themed party was just the thing.  I carefully selected the menu, giving each recipe a football-related name.  My Crack Corn became Sooner Sweet & Salty Popcorn.  My Simple From Scratch Brownies became Boomer Brownies.  And my refreshing Bourbon Slushes became Touchdown Tea.  Similar to my Vodka Slush recipe, this version uses bourbon, orange juice and sweet tea.  Refreshing, with a bourbon kick.  Perfect for tailgating, the lake or parties, it's a real Touchdown!
The Bourbon Slush Line-Up
Combine juice concentrates with
sweet tea and water.
Add sugar.
Add bourbon and mix well.
Place in freezer-safe container
and freeze until solid.
Scoop into cups and top
with chilled 7-UP.


Bourbon Slush A.K.A. Touchdown Tea

2 (12 ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
7 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups strong sweet tea
2 cups bourbon whiskey
1 large bottle 7-UP or Sprite

Combine all ingredients together except 7-UP.  Put in freezer-safe container with lid and freeze until solid.  (It will remain somewhat slushy in texture due to the alcohol content.)  When ready to serve, scoop slush mixture into cup with ice cream scoop.  Pour chilled 7-UP or Sprite over and serve.

Prep Time:  Approximately 10 minutes     Cook Time:  0 needs to freeze


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...